Josh Willard, DMD
A note from Dr. Josh Willard
I love exceeding people’s expectations! Excellence, education, compassion, and respect is the basis of my practice. I am committed to providing you with the best dental treatment possible. Your dental health is especially important throughout your life to have proper nutrition, to communicate, and project your emotions and confidence to the world. We tend take a healthy and beautiful smile, and a comfortable and functioning set of teeth for granted…. until it is gone. There is nothing like seeing somebody smile for the first time after we have restored their smile. But there is nothing better in my practice, than keeping that smile healthy and beautiful year after year.
Nobody knows you better than you. I believe that you should be involved in planning your oral health care. This requires that I personally spend time with you to determine what your current health is, what your goals and challenges are, and how you and I will work together to optimize your oral health. This is easily said, and seldom done these days. I have assembled a team that knows that doing what is best for you, is our number one priority. I have a network of trusted specialist that share my values. If you have experienced the high volume, high pressure, high turnover dental practice, I would like you to experience why my patient’s love our office and continue to refer their family and friends to us.
Continuing to stay up-to-date in dentistry on latest techniques, technology, and materials is very important to me and my patients, aside from current courses I am taking, I am active in the post graduate Pankey Institute for comprehensive dental care, to provide you with the technical and artistic skill to keep your smile beautiful and functional. Oral health isn’t simply about fixing cavities or broken teeth, it is about taking care of the entire oral system and learning how to care for yourself for years of goog health. I will take the time to pay attention to you, answer questions, and explain your treatment options.
Dr Josh Willard served 11 in years in the Army before attending the University of Nevada Las Vegas School of Dental Medicine and graduated magna cum laude in 2008. He is an alumnus of the esteemed Pankey Institute, where he continues his advanced education.
When Dr. Willard is not helping his patients, he enjoys spending time with his wife, two children, 3 four-legged pups, and a good game of golf every now and then. Family is priority for Dr. Willard and he believes that his patients also deserve to be treated like family too.
Dr. Willard is involved in organized dentistry and continues to further his duties within this arena. He is an active member of the following:
- American Dental Association (current Alternate Delegate for Texas)
- Academy of General Dentistry
- Texas Dental Association (current House of Delegate member)
- North Texas Dental Society (current President of NTDS)
- American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
- International College of Dentist Nominee 2023
- Texas Monthly Super Dentist in Texas 2021
- D MagazineBest of D 2020
- Texas Monthly Super Dentist in Texas 2020
- D Magazine Best of D 2019
- Texas Monthly Super Dentist in Texas 2019
- Texas Monthly Super Dentist in Texas 2018
Interesting Facts About Dr. Willard
- Certified Scuba Diver
- Longboard surfer
- Avid outdoorsman
- Enjoys playing golf
- Expert marksman
- Likes downhill skiing, paddleboarding and kayaking
- Has lived in 7 states, but only calls Texas home
- Lived in Alaska for 6 years and worked 1 year in rural bush Alaska
- Grew up on a ranch in Southern Oregon raising sheep and cattle
- Stationed at Wheeler Army Airfield in Schofield Barracks, Hawaii
- Captain in the Unite States Army, 3/4 CAV, 25th Infantry
- Talented artist both sketching and paint
- Enjoys woodworking and home remodeling